Skip to main content

July 2018 - We Moved!

We have so much more stuff than I realized...but we eventually got everything to the new house in Lehi.  We're ripping it apart at the moment, but will eventually throw up some photos of the work we're doing and layout of the new home.  We had a last-minute issue where Lehi City wouldn't let us move in because there was a lien against the house that their broker didn't disclose, which pushed back the move-in date.  We cut a deal to move in a week later, but still couldn't get under contract because the utilities weren't switched over and approved by the city.  The house was on sewage, well water, and propane but had to have everything switched to city utilities before we could officially transfer ownership.  So we "rented" our new house for a couple weeks, and scrambled to move in on a Wednesday night because we had to be out of our house in Orem by that Friday.  It was really bittersweet to leave the keys and say goodbye, we have had so many memories in that house.  Including three cute little boys who were born there.  We moved in when Alexa was 4 months old, so all of our kids have grown up there. 

We hurried on laid a new layer of shingles as part of the selling and moving process in Orem.  It was hot, long work and made me grateful for really good friends and neighbors, as well as the fact that I am not a full-time roofer!

We are in love with the new home and space.  We have all enjoyed going out and running around in a huge backyard together and playing tag after dinner in the evenings.  Nothing beats a great backyard in the summer.  We have wonderful neighbors and the kids have made friends quickly, although Alexa still cries occasionally because she misses her old friends.  Our kitchen table was ironically one of the last things to come over, so we ate our meals on the front porch for a couple of days.  Honestly, it was heaven.  The first day we moved in our sweet Alexa found some wildflowers and unprompted put them in a water bottle to put on our "table" outside.  We sat there eating in camp chairs and I was overwhelmed with how blessed and happy I felt.  We only have neighbors on one side and they're on the far end of our rectangle-shaped 0.60 acre lot.  We ate outside in peace surrounded mostly by horse fields and dirt.  Eventually that will change because the area behind us will be developed into 1/2-acre lots, but for now we are really enjoying the space to ourselves. 

We will spend the fall and winter renovating some of the inside of the house--rebuilding the stairs, new flooring on the main floor, repainting, rebuilding some (or all?) of the kitchen, putting in an office / guest bedroom, and building out a new pantry.  Kyle demoed the stairs within the first couple weeks with Quinn's help (thank you!), so we climbed up to the second floor using a ladder for a couple days.  It was fun holding baby Liam in one arm, his bottle in the other hand, and then climbing a ladder to lay him down for a his crib on the second floor.  The kids thought it was the best house ever--climbing a ladder to get upstairs was awesome!!

Before the move...we had fun celebrating the 4th of July.  The kids convinced me to take them to the parade, which was fun and full of princesses much to Alexa's great joy.  Tad loved all the horses.  Alexa woke up early that morning and made a sign to decorate the door so she could wish everyone a Happy 4th of July. 

Casey and Jess also invited us out on their new family boat.  It was beautiful weather and a busy day at Jordanelle.  Alexa was the only kid who wanted to go on the tube, Tyler had absolutely no interest whatsoever.  Kyle was feeling sick so he stayed home with baby Liam.

We are happy, healthy, and grateful.  And Liam discovered Cheetos and black beans.  He says they are both delicious.



Popular posts from this blog

stairs and a silly little girl....

I forgot to mention a few August updates in my last post, and have some more Alexa stories (as always)...First, Kyle (with the help of Uncle Paul and Todd--thank you!!) finished the stairs and they look awesome!!  He completely rebuilt them (ripped them down all the way to the drywall). Second, both Kyle and I were supposed to be in this work athletic competition in August, but I had to back out for obvious reasons.  Kyle still did the tennis and basketball tournaments and made me oh so proud.  He even got this funny little basketball trophy for taking third place.  The other tournaments that week included horseshoes, ping pong, foosball, golf, Wii dance, volleyball, and a triathlon. We went to Ikea for breakfast last Saturday (so delicious and cheap!) and bought Alexa a stuffed puppy while we were there.  She now takes it everywhere continuously saying "puppy, puppy, puppy!"  Speaking of the puppy, she even dragged it through toilet water last week.  Yes, you

December 2015 - Christmas in Indiana

Merry Christmas! We hit the road a couple of days after Granny's funeral to make the trek to Indiana for Christmas. The  kids did great the whole way.  I think it was harder on the adults!  We left at 4am and the first 8 hours were really bad due to wind and snow.  I-70 was closed unless you had chains and we were only a couple of hours in when we passed a sign saying I-80 was closed due to an avalanche warning.  Kyle screamed "Noooo!" and woke up the kids :).  We were so relieved to have Wyoming behind us!!  And we were very glad to have been driving an SUV with all-wheel-drive instead of our Toyota Matrix.  We got a new Mazda CX-9 only a week before the trip so that we can fit baby #3. We pounded out 14 hours the first day and then stopped for the night in Nebraska before continuing for another 10ish hours the next day.  The kids thought that sleeping in a hotel was amazing.  The weather on the drive home was clear and wonderful. although Tyler did poop h

Good news!

I'm excited to announce that we went to the doctor yesterday for another ultrasound and I now have all my privileges reinstated!! Tear is healed and baby looks good, so we are very grateful.  As promised, I took Alexa to the park to celebrate.  We went swinging and ran around looking for flowers (dandelions). She has to stop and touch every flower she finds :). She insisted that her puppy come along. Maybe because she's a lazy bum and wanted to use him as a pillow!! We didn't get any really good ultrasound pictures from the tech (I should have made special requests!), but we saw lots of baby!  This was the ultrasound (20 weeks) where they check every little thing developing - every section of the brain, spine, chambers of the heart, kidneys, diaphragm, fingers, toes, blood flow, placenta, cord, measurements of head and waist (baby is 4 days bigger than the due date), etc. etc.  It's so fascinating to see all of that already developed and so teeny tiny!!  Baby