Skip to main content

March 2014 - visit from Marmie and Gpa

Kyle built an amazing standing desk for me because he knew I wanted one.  It has a double-hinge so you can fold the desk section and hide it behind the storage cubes.  He also measured it to be the perfect height for where I would stand, and it's a great book / toy storage for the kids.  Love it.



We switched the kids' room around so that Alexa is now on the top bunk and Tyler's crib is underneath.  The idea is that they will fall asleep faster because they can still talk, but can't see each other and keep one another entertained for as long.  It seems to be kind of working...

They still love to play in our walk-in closet together, which has somehow been dibbed as the "desert" according to Alexa.  As in, "Tyler!  Let's go on an adventure in the desert!"  And off they both run into the closet and close the door.

We had a great visit with family for Jason Andrews' homecoming in March!  It was so fun to spend the weekend together and have Marmie and Grandpa stay with us.





To end, a few stories about those adorable kids...  Alexa learned the First Article of Faith and now walks around repeating it in church.  I love that 2 year-old girl and I'm one proud mama.  On a funnier note, we went with a friend to an Indian buffet for lunch and Alexa cried when we had to go.  The reason?  "But I want to take the buffet home!"  I commiserate.

Alexa is in love with braids thanks to Frozen, and I love that she actually wants me to do something with her hair!  Generally, she always wants it down and straight.  The first time I did french braids, she ran to Kyle and said, "Daddy, look!  I have princess Anna braids!"  Kyle turned to me and said, "Dang it.  I'm going to have to learn how to braid, aren't I?"  I laughed really hard.  She also ran right past me the other day to have Kyle paint her toes sparkly.  He was so surprised that she wanted him to do it, and then immediately scared because he said he had no idea how / what to do.  Haha.


Tyler got his first haircut!  Alexa has yet to get a haircut, so this was a first for our kids.  He is now a champ at going down the stairs, loves to give kisses, says "hi" (sometimes on the phone to Grandma, which is adorable!), screams for Mommy right when I walk in the door, folds his arms for prayer, and his FAVORITE things to do are pillow fight / wrestle.

Some had fallen off before I took this picture, but he was happy to show me that he had successfully covered his arm in cereal and got it to stick!

Those cheeks!!

They usually hang out together in the glider chair every morning and rock, giggle, and cuddle (or smash each other with kisses)

Two little thumb suckers


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 2025 - Christmas Magic

We had a fun Swingle Christmas party with fabulous games by Auntie Emmy.   Liam finished his Jr Jazz basketball season.  For Christmas we got the kids a new playground. Tad made really cool gifts with cardboard and hot glue, including a wolf mask for Liam and a Mario question block for Nathan that opens and closes to hold toys and stuffed animals.  Tyler made cool stuff with his 3D pen.  And Alexa made me a hoodie in her sewing class.  Best. Gift. Ever.  Alexa wanted to dye her hair dark brown so we got a box dye and set up shop Christmas night while watching Home Alone.  She also got lots of nail stuff, candles, and a new purse.   Tyler's big gift was a wood chess set and he also got more Magic cards. Tad got a STEM engineering subscription box called Crunch Labs. He asked for a Yoda squishmallow from Santa. Liam got lots of books and Legos. He asked for a blue blanket from Santa. Sweet boy. Nathan got a track car set. He asked for Soni...

December 2024 - Christmas Fun

We were so happy to have Marmie and Grandpa fly out for the Swingle Christmas party.  Emily is the best party planner of all time and had really fun games, prizes, and yummy treats despite her whole family being sick.  Craig and Chelsea gave us a fun Christmas lantern aquarium pass for Christmas and it was amazing!  They had entire habitats full of lantern animals from all over the world.    Tyler and Alexa had their violin Christmas recital at a local care facility, which was such a great idea on their teacher's part.  Sadly, I had to join via FaceTime because I was out of town.  But they did great! We were excited to hear Ian Beagley play viola on Temple Square.  He and Alexa also put together another amazing family recital.  It gets better every year!  Ian played viola; Alexa played violin and sang; Tyler played violin; and Tad, Liam, Lincoln, and Sawyer played the piano.   One of my best friends from high school, Katie Cutr...

August 2025 - Indiana

We had a blast in Indiana visiting Grandma and Grandpa Sweeny and our cousins.  We stayed with Brendan and Whitney in Indy the first week and then Grandma and Grandpa Sweeny in Bloomington the second week.  Kyle and the four oldest also went to GenCon for a few days, and Kyle ended the trip at a Journey Continues workshop, which is part of the Brothers Road series he's been attending / volunteering at.  GenCon adventures: The kids did really well on the drive.  Audrey also made sure her baby doll was taken care of during the cross country journey.  We rented pedal boats and kayaks at a reservoir and our kids had their first-ever raccoon sighting.  They were sooo excited.  A chubby little raccoon walked across the picnic area and climbed into a trash can to get some lunch.  The kids followed and tossed snacks into the trash can for their new friend.  We then found the rest of his family camped out in a nearby pavilion.  Tad also found a h...